What can you do to protect your ears and hearing?
Below are the top 5 Tips to Protect Your Ears and Hearing from Optimal Hearing Systems, the prominent leader in the hearing aid industry since 1961. These few things you can do at home to help take care of your ears and hearing:
- Do NOT use cotton swabs to clean your ears; they can push ear wax closer to your ear drums.
- Do NOT stick anything smaller than your elbow in your ear.
- If you are in a noisy environment, wear ear protection (ear plugs, headphones, etc.)
- Turn the volume down on your TV, radio, MP3 player, etc.
- While at a concert or club, don’t forget to take a break from the loudness so your ears can rest.
Your local hearing specialist can answer any further questions you have on how to increase the longevity of your hearing.